A Day In The Park
Saturday, July 20 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Memorial Park, Rapid City
|General Information||Get Involved||Rummage Sale||Donate|
|Free Special Events
*Donations as able. Supplies may be limited.
1 Corinthians 13:3
And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.
|The Main Event
Strategic Participating Organizations Helping Families in need for today and tomorrow..
On Saturday, July 20th, Hills Alive in conjunction with local churches, business, and community organizations will host an 'A Day in the Park' outreach for families in need at Memorial Park adjacent to the Civic Center. The 'A Day in the Park' outreach event coinciding with the Hills Alive Music Festival will include a pancake breakfast, kid's zone play area, school supplies, shoes for youth, a BIG rummage sale, live entertainment, and much more...all at no costs to our honored guests.
We also like the aspect of coming alongside Hills Alive and having our strategic partners (Catholic Social Services, Habitat for Humanity, Love Inc, Volunteers of America, and our local Churches) being the Main Event- essentially being a great 'Day in the Park' and more importantly, a conduit for our churches and local ministries that provides these type of services every day, and truly offer our guests and others Hope for a Lifetime! This is an exciting opportunity for your church to unite with others in the greater Black Hills to do something real positive to help the over 1500 expected guests that may be in some form of need at this time.
Here is how we as a church body can help. The 'Day in the Park' team needs over 150 volunteers to help serve on the day of the outreach-we will simply plug you in where we need help, and in an area that you will feel good about. T-shirts and breakfast will be provided for all volunteers-as well as all smiles and grateful hearts! If you have any new or used youth (infant to teenager) clothing, shoes and/or school supplies in good condition for our Big Rummage "Sale" to be held at the event, please leave them at the 'A Day in the Park' information area at your church. As this event is 100% funded by our local churches, businesses, organizations and private individuals-if you are able and would like to help financially here, we sincerely appreciate it. You may do this through your church or simply send a check to Love Inc, attn: 'A Day in the Park', P.O. Box 3255, Rapid City, SD 57709. We need your engagement, support, and prayers.
Of course if you have, or know someone that needs a little extra help at this time, make sure you know you are very much encouraged to attend this outreach event as guests. We are here to serve!
How To Get Involved
Family Garage Sale
Kid's Jam Zone
- Greeters - greet families to welcome, help answer any questions or help as needed
- First Aid Tent - a couple of medical professionals are wanted to help families
Evangelism / Prayer Team
Once you've signed up, team leaders will contact you with more information.
How else can you help?
* Garage Sale Items Needed . . Kid's items only; clothing (cleaned & folded), shoes, school supplies; Drop off at your church or Knecht's Home Center parking lot (July 5-18th) Any items remaining after the event will be given to Cornerstone Rescue Mission.
* Financial Help is appreciated. Although the budget is minimal for the impact, your help is important. As in ministry the more that give (as the Lord leads), the easier it becomes. Please give thru your church or send a check to Love Inc, attn: 'A Day in the Park'.
* Prayer . . Nothing of eternal significance happens without God's people being directed and empowered by His Spirit. Pray as well for the many families in our community who would be blessed by coming to experience His love and generosity.
Of course if you have or know someone that needs a little extra help at this time, you are encouraged to come as our guests we are here to serve!
This is a great way for the Rapid church family to embrace & love on our Rapid Community.
Purpose- to provide new or quality used youth clothing, youth shoes and school supplies to families in need across the greater Rapid City area at our upcoming 'A Day in the Park' event ' to be held on July 20 at Memorial Park at no or very nominal costs.
* We will accept new or used youth (infant to teenager) clothing, shoes and/or school supplies in good condition. Any used goods should be in quality shape, washed, folded and in general ready to go shape. It would be great if you would sort somewhat to gender, and size. Sorry, we are unable to facilitate adult clothing, or any goods outside of youth clothing, youth shoes or school supplies. We reserve the right not to accept articles that do not meet the above conditions.
* All goods to be brought to the respective pick up spots including local participating churches and the Day in the Park semi tractor that will be parked in front of Knecht Home Center's downtown Rapid City location from July 5th-18th. If you are providing such goods at the Knecht site, we would ask that you ask the Knecht personnel inside their store to assist you so that we may get your valued contributions in the enclosed trailer in a responsible manner.
* Any goods not able to be used at the Day in the Park event will be provided to the Cornerstone Thrift Store for their effective ministry and distribution throughout the year.
* No receipts of value will be issued. For contribution records, you will be responsible to keep track and provide any necessary documentation if you so elect.
As this event is 100% funded by our local churches, businesses, organizations and private individuals-if you are able and would like to help financially here, we sincerely appreciate it. You may do this through your church or simply send a check to Love Inc, PO Box 3255, Rapid City, SD 57709 attn: 'A Day in the Park'. Note- Love Inc has graciously agreed to be the steward of our funds, and this event is held in conjunction with the Hills Alive summer music festival, but these funds need to be independent of both these great organizations. Our budget is $12,500, and with our goal to reach over 1500 people in some form of need that day- we think the math of $8.33 per person including a great breakfast, clothing, supplies and related really pack a wallop. This is only possible through the generosity of others, and our many volunteers. Every gift regardless of size is really appreciated and needed. We simply need your engagement, financial support, and prayers.